Weekly Podcast Every Friday afternoon
- Markets Policy Partners co-produces a weekly podcast series called the HPS Macrocast in partnership with the Penta Group.
- Hosted by Markets Policy Partners’ John Fagan and Brendan Walsh along with Penta Managing Director Ylan Mui.
- The Macrocast breaks down the news of the week at the intersection of markets, policy, and economics, providing insightful analysis in a punchy 30 minute format.
- Dig into the most pressing macroeconomic trends of the week.
- Be a source of information for your friends and family by sitting at the table with government policy advisors and markets experts.
- Keep guard of your wealth.
- Keep an eye on your financial advisor by knowing the key market/policy risks to your portfolio.
“Our clients are looking for analysis to understand what is driving market trends and what to expect in today’s fast-paced policy environment. John, Brendan, and I will bring our perspectives each week on what’s shaping current economic news based on our years of experience in the public and private sectors,” said Fratto. capabilities at HPS.”
The Macrocast is produced in-house at the Penta office in Washington, D.C.
Latest Macrocast: Peanuts, power struggles, and the price of partisanship
Today’s Macrocast is a special one! First, Ylan interviews Raphael Bostic, President and CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, with whom she spoke earlier this week at the 2023 Federal Reserve Financial Markets Conference. The pair discuss how the Fed makes predictions and decisions to tackle economic crises. Bostic explains that the Fed has amended the way they survey the private sector, including engaging local business leaders early, in order to identify coming economic trends, like inflation and lay-offs. During the latter half of the episode, Ylan is joined by her co-hosts Brendan and John from Markets Policy Partners and Bryan DeAngelis, partner at Penta and host of What’s at Stake, to recap this week’s Macrocast Live panel discussion. The discussion featured Doug Holtz-Eakin, former Director of of the CBO and Chief Economist of the President’s Council of Economic Advisers and current President of the American Action Forum, and Wendy Edelberg, former Chief Economist at the CBO and current Director of The Hamilton Project and Senior Fellow of Economic Study at the Brookings Institution who shared their predictions and perspectives on the debt ceiling, looming default, and more.
Russell Napier: 2023 – 2038 Forecast for Financial Repression / New Rules for Investors
We hosted a very revealing, compelling, and entertaining macro strategy session with macro legend Russell Napier on Friday, January 29, 2023. Russell is predicting an era of financial repression that reverses many of the characteristics of successful investing – we think this will be very worth your time. The full interview is on the Markets Policy YouTube Channel